30 questions answered by "The Christian Ministry According To The Apostles" (1858) by Thomas Hughes Milner
1. What is the difference between preaching and teaching?
2. Why are the so-called pastoral epistles (1 & 2 Timothy and Titus) misnamed?
3. What is the true pastorate?
4. What is the difference between the apostolic and the philosophic style of teaching?
5. What is the difference between the apostolic and the scholastic style of teaching?
6. What is God's "school" for pastors? (2-part answer.)
7. What is the difference between "service" and "ministry?" (Short answer: nothing.)
8. What is wrong with the King James translation of 1 Timothy 3:1?
9. What is ordination?
10. What are the ordinances of the church?
11. Are the ordinances optional?
12. What does the work of an evangelist entail? (Short answer: declaring the whole counsel of God.)
13. Why are evangelists called "missionaries" today?
14. Historically, how has Ephesians 4:12 been misinterpreted?
15. Is the sermon biblical? When? Where? (There is no word for "sermon" in the New Testament.)
16. Is the conventional distinction between doctrine and practice biblical?
17. What problem in the church did the Reformation exacerbate?
18. How are the Greek words from which "clergy" and "laity" are derived actually used in the New Testament?
19. Which Christian ministers warrant financial support? Which do not?
20. What is God's welfare system for the poor saints?
21. What was Paul doing when Eutychus fell out of the balcony? (Hint: it's not what the King James translators wrote.)
22. What are the two kinds of prophets and prophesying? Is either kind operative today? (Short answer: yes, one of them is.)
23. When is the Christian ministry entered? (Short answer: at conversion!)
24. What is the principal means by which one's spiritual gift is perfected or developed?
25. What proportion of the saints should we expect to manifest a spiritual gift that includes speaking or teaching, according to the proportion of faith, either in or out of the assembly, or in both?
26. What is God's safeguard against disorder in the assembly? (Short answer: not "liturgy," nor a rote "order of service," but rather, eldership.)
27. What is the remedy for bad doctrine taught in the assembly? (The sermon taught from the pulpit rarely--if ever--affords this remedy.)
28. What does the one-man pastorate regularly and historically fail to produce?
29. Who is authorized by Jesus Christ to administer the ordinances? (Short answer: the priesthood.)
30. Are there apostles living today? (No, none since John died.)